Help employees become your greatest asset
As an entrepreneur you know employees are critical to your success.
Employees are your boots on the ground, they’re the muscle that drives your business forward. They’re also the hardworking lifeblood that helps your business grow and succeed. Yet entrepreneurs know that employees are not always motivated in the same way that a business owner is.
You can’t always change the cold or wet conditions your employees have to work in, but you can give them more to work with.
In a survey done by Premiere Global Services, Inc. (PGi) in 2015, the 5 things employee’s wanted more than anything else were as follows:
Employees Want to:
1. Earn a raise or promotion (22.6%)
- Every employee wants to make more money but what’s interesting here is the choice of employees to want to earn their wage increase. This says loudly that employees need opportunities to advance and take on more responsibilities.
- Does your business have the tools to challenge your employees and allow them to take on new roles?
2. Establish a better work-life balance (18.2%)
- There is a cost to working your employees such long hours and even longer turnarounds. Workers experience burnout and fatigue which can lead to accidents and stress.
- Isn’t there a way for you to work smarter instead of harder? Can you use better technology to improve worker efficiencies and increase turnaround times so workers can be back with their families faster?
3. Implement better technology (16.9%)
- Antiquated technology is doing more than costing you time and money, it’s costing you loyalty. There’s nothing worse than knowing there’s a better way of doing something but having to do it the hard way because your boss refuses to invest into new technology.
- This frustration can rapidly turn into resentment, frustration, and loss of respect from your employees. How outdated is your business technology?
4. Become more organized (16.7%)
- Employees need structure from the top down. Great leaders build the right systems so that workers aren’t wasting their time or working harder than they have to. With simple communications tools, workers can know exactly what their goals are and how to focus their efforts.
- Does your business have the right tools to stay organized and efficient?
5. Pursue continuing education (12.1%)
- Tony Robbins once said “If you’re not growing, you’re dying…if you’re not growing, it doesn’t matter how much money you have in the bank, how many friends you have, how many people love you—you’re not going to experience real fulfillment. And the reason we grow, I believe, is so we have something of value to give.”
- Are you giving your employees the chance to grow and learn? There’s a very good chance they will return that investment back to you ten fold.
By investing in your employees you can help to keep them happy and your business running successfully.
We at YodelME are helping employers implement a better communications for rapidly deployed teams working together in some of the world’s harshest conditions. Find out how at yodelme.com